Get these products at www.momandbabyshop.com

bumGenius      Earth Mama Angel Baby      FuzziBunz

Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stuff Parents Need: Motherlove Nipple Cream

The nipple cream put out by Motherlove was recommended to me by two moms: my best friend and my sister-in-law. They both said that they found this cream to be superior to the lanolin creams that are found in the majority of stores. I received a jar of Motherlove Nipple Cream at my baby shower, and I took it with me to the hospital so that I could start using it as soon as breastfeeding commenced.

While the cream is designed for sore, cracked nipples, I began using it even before the soreness began. While I can't scientifically prove it, I believe that using this product from the start kept my nipples from getting as sore and cracked as they could have been (though they definitely got sore, and I experienced one crack, I believe). I had a sample of lansinoh's lanolin that I also tried out, and I found it to be much stickier than Motherlove's product.

Motherlove's cream smelled much nicer! From Motherlove's website, you can read about two other great benefits to this product. It reads, "Does not contain lanolin which contains several pesticides; or Vitamin E which should not be ingested by infants. According to the Skin Deep toxicology database, Vitamin E is considered a health concern by the Amierican Hospital Formulary Service because it can cause liver dysfunction and is "potentially fatal" to low birth weight babies."

I highly recommend this product by Motherlove. It helped me get through the toughest part of breastfeeding for me (the beginning!) and it was 100% safe for my baby.

Stuff Parents Need: Motherlove Nipple Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment